Friday, May 23, 2008

Alone and Lonely

A reluctant tear fell

Unwilling to embrace the chilling wind

Against which I stood, oblivious.

A deep sigh escaped

Materializing to vapor in the cold evening,

A dog howled

My sadness seem to spread,

I stood staring into space

Visualizing every curve on her face

Her lips, her hips.

I long.


The way she smiles now makes me cry

For I loved those the most

Her slender fingers entwined with mine

Always promised so much strength.

With friends and like we haunted the night

Now I wish you had never left.

We laughed and cried for this was love

Drenched in sadness now I weep.


Be strong, I have been urged

She is my strength, I need not be stronger

Try being happy, I have been told

She left with my happiness

Let her return and I’ll smile all day.

Learn to live without love, I have been advised

This is something I refuse to learn.


Without you, I am nothing

With you, I am everything

Come home honey, I want to live.

No comments: