Friday, May 23, 2008

Alone in a crowded World

The rush of the wind

The sway of the car

The approaching lights

Then the passing lights

I drove on, aimless

Probably coz I was drunk.

Ah, this is just another typical night.


My sleep I needed to find

My tears, already lost too many

The road curved beneath my car and passed me by

Then a pole, a house and a tree

And I seem to stand still

But then, may be it’s my life that stood still

Since that last kiss when we said goodbye

Since that last hug when we cried

And I wished you didn’t have to go.


Since then, I have felt alone

Sometimes with everyone around

I have felt lonely.

I sit and cry

I don’t know what else to do.

I want someone to talk to

I want to be held

I want to feel loved

But then, you are not here

Not when I need you the most.


I hope some day it will end

Someday, I might feel free

Not lonely and depressed anymore.

Someday, I want to feel normal again

Just like everyone else

Would I ever be so fortunate?

I know not without you.


The wind still blows

And I sway with the car

But then suddenly the tears start

This is where the pain becomes worse.

Come home, my love

For I know my tears will never dry.


No comments: