Friday, May 23, 2008

My Sanctuary

There was a reason why I got drunk; I am trying to remember why

But for now, I looked like a wanderer lost wandering

The perfect gho my father had stitched has lost its shape

The moon watched, the stars expressionless and nothing mattered

Just the aching pain, pain that has been nurtured over time

Pain, of alone, pain, of wanting, pain, of being without you.


With all my withering strength I pushed myself out of the car

I peed, half on my socks, half I have no idea, I was lost.

Everything blurred, I was being sucked into a hole

I stumbled and fell, and then I saw her smile, I smiled

I heard her laugh, I laughed, I was being loved, and she was always loved.


I felt her arms around me, her breath, slow and warm, caressing my neck

She said everything sweet; I agreed to all of them, I smiled again

I held her, I felt her, and I pushed my eyes open so I could watch her smile, again

Staggering and limping on to my bed I finally fell, and there she was again

I rolled over to hug her; in her arms was where I knew I would sleep the sweetest.


Today’s purpose was done, the sole reason why I got drunk accomplished

To have you in my arms over the thousand miles, to have you kiss me good night.

Tomorrow, I will do it again, tomorrow, I’ll hold you again.

For today, Good night my love, I love you.

I smiled.

I slept.


Loving you, immensely

Missing you, not any more.

No comments: