Friday, May 23, 2008

The Battle

Drunk and staggering I turn towards home

The meaning of life seem so small

The meaning of love seems so dominant.

The tears seem irrelevant

The loneliness seems haunting.


Between all these, my thoughts turn towards you,

Why it is you, I have no idea

May be it’s the way you make me smile

Or may be the way you make me hope

May be it’s the way my arms seem empty without you

Or the way my heart seem to rehearse every song

That my lips tremble to sing.


Is wine my refuge now and darkness my friend?

Do I stumble on life to fall and never rise?

I dare not, my fair lady will return

Expecting much more than what I have become.

Thus I shake away the drowsiness and avoid a pothole

And I push my self closer to home

With a little will to live, for the day of union.


Drunk and staggering I finally reached home

The meaning of life still so small

The meaning of love still so dominant.

But now I have promises renewed

Tomorrow, I will be a better man.

No comments: