Friday, May 23, 2008

Desperation

I watched a couple crossing the streets

They held hands and that look

I know that look

I saw it being reflected on your face

So many times when we had our little secrets

When we had done something a little naughty.


I felt jealous

Holding hands should be banned

It reminded me too much of us

But there is no us

I am along here

Alone, depressed, crying.


Every night, returning to a cold empty bed

Every night, praying for a miracle

Every morning, waking up the miracle not realized

Every moment, desperate to be loved

Every tear, trickling down the face

Every hand motion to wipe it away


Everything, everything calls for you.


What should I do, I feel so lost

I have begged and wept

And made wishes many

I have prayed to God and insulted him too

But nothing has brought you home

Now I wonder anything would.


I would have sold my car and brought a ticket

If Italy would grant me a visa I would have sold my soul.

I am tired of watching myself cry

I am tired of letting myself slowly die.


Come home, my love

Just for a day

I’ll live my life time in that day.

No comments: