Friday, May 23, 2008

A Heart in Agony

My eyes seem to water and my hands do shake

This pain and suffering is more than I can take

I stare at your picture and read all your letters

Hoping I would feel better, warmer and still

But all it did is made it worse, my heart slowly breaks.


May be I am not the most important thing in your life

But I assure you I love you the most.

May be I am not what you dreamt I would be

But you are all that I dream of every night and day.

You left me so lost and broken I still cant find my way.


I want to believe that it’s going to get better

But I am only lying to myself; I know it’s getting worse.

I even tried being happy, but then how can I

If all I know now is how to cry.

I call out to you, can you hear me My Love.


Darkness looms, how long do I have to cry?

What will happen to me, only you or time can tell.

Every night as I sleep I reach out to you

In realizing you are not there, my pillow soaks with tears.

Come home now, my love, how long do I have to cry?

No comments: