Friday, May 23, 2008

You asked, I answer

Someone asked me, “Who is she that you sing these songs for?”


Ah, the toughest question that I have been asked.

How do I put it in words?

How do I explain that she is the reason why my rainbow has colours

How do I explain that she is the reason for every smile that lit my day.

She is the reason why I dream, for she is the dream that I dream.

How do I explain she is all that I have.


Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can smell her perfume

And hear that gentle laughter that knocked my heart out

Sometimes when I sleep away, I can almost feel her next to me

That soft breathing floating away in the silent night.

She is the one my heart calls for every day

She is the one I miss as the clock ticks away.


My poems are not good enough neither my words strong enough

To let you know how much of a world she means to me.

Romeo died for Juliet, and Juliet for Romeo, that was their love

But no, I don’t want to die, I want to live

I want to spent the rest of my life trying to make her happy

I want to live my dream, I want to live her dream.


Someone asked me, “Where is she?”


Ah, the simplest question that I have been asked.

Where else would she be

In my heart tey

Where she always belonged.

No comments: