Friday, May 23, 2008

Amore is Here

The morning is here

I have evidence, the sun rose, I have watched it

I rose early but the birds slept late today

They knew I didn’t need to be cheered

Not today, definitely not today.


The morning ritual glided by

And before I realized, I had her in my arms

This was exactly the kind of moment

Men conned the term “Happiness”

And for me, it knew no bound.


Love is at its peak

Amore is no more sad, what is sadness? Who is sadness?

I watched her while I drove, I watched her as she talked

I watched her smile, I watched her blink

And I watched her sleep as she curled finally at rest.


I am blessed, now I know

She is the one I love, I have always been sure

My days will be happy, how can it even go wrong

Welcome home Amore, I missed you so much

Welcome home Happiness, now I can finally smile.

No comments: