Friday, May 23, 2008

Love and Amore

I met this girl

Years ago when the line between right and wrong was a blur

She came and left

I never shed a tear.


Years later I met her again

When I was broken and in pieces

She lifted me gently and put me together

Now she is the reason why I live.


From a name on the MSN

Hers is the name now my heart sings

Fighting over lovers rift

She is still the name my heart sings.


With gifts she lit every shadow of my life

With gifts of love, gifts of laughter

Gifts of happiness, joy of togetherness

But above all, a gift of life.


Away in Italy, she goes about her daily life

Away in Bhutan, a man dreams about her daily life

How I love her, I know she knows

How I miss her, my tears will tell.


From the land of Thailand, she sent me a note

From the mountains of Spain, she wrote me a note

The content of both, the source of my biggest smile, my dreams come true

I am a man now, she made me one.


Mon Amore, I always wondered why you snuggled into my arms while we slept

Now I know it wasn’t what you saw you were in love with but what you felt

Can you feel me now?

I can Amore, in my heart, in my arms.

I still feel you.

No comments: