Friday, May 23, 2008

Un Sogno

The day has finally dawned

The waiting has now ended, my love arrives

Like a boy with his first toy, I wait, excited

Scanning the sky for the speck that would grow

And over the horizon Druk Air glides slowly

My heart leaps, my arms eager, my eyes full.


Don’t run, I told myself, but my legs just refuse to listen

And with a screech the plane came to a halt

As my lady descends, an angel falling from the sky.

My smile broke free as I saw it being reflected on her lips

Down the stairs she ran, into my waiting arms

And as our lips locked, a hundred pairs of eyes watched

Some smiling, some approved, some didn’t

But we didn’t care, this was our moment

A moment we have rehearsed many times in our head

As we lay sleepless many a night.


Everything stood still, we stood still

But eventually the magic had to break

And we walked slowly outside, our hearts too nervous to speak.

Mostly silent, we drove home, awaiting privacy

And there we broke our emotions lose

As we made love, passion bursting

Into eternal bliss we drifted, falling asleep in each other’s arms.


The day dawned

I woke

And my dreams died, I cried.

No comments: