Friday, May 23, 2008

Missing You, Loving You

The sun dipped beyond the horizon

The sun, I am jealous of

For I know, from whence he came, he has watched you laugh.


I lay back and look at the stars

And I smile

For I know, no matter how far you go, at least might be watching the same stars.


I watched the clouds passing by

He too, may be, came from where you live

And have seen you smile, now they watch me smile.


I felt the breeze kiss my lips

I wonder if they will blow on yours too

We never know, but it’s a wonderful thought.


My dog came and pushed up against my feet

I patted him, exactly at the spot I knew you always did

The warmth of your hands were no longer there

But just the thought that I am touching were u had, gives me a little joy.


Oh, yesterday, I took a shower and chipped my nails

And brushed my teeth before I slept

This I know would have made you happy.


I try not to cry, I know you don’t want me to

But I miss you very very much though

More and more every day.


Tomorrow, I might see you

But today I am alone

My consolation is knowing I am loved and missed.

I love you too my love

And you are always being thought of, fondly.

No comments: