Friday, May 23, 2008

Loving you, Loving Me

I close my eyes and love you

That gentle smile and that hearty laughter

I close my eyes and taste your lips

Those good night kisses, those happy kisses, those loving kisses.

Those hugs, those warm assuring hugs, I miss them too.


I live in your loving memories now

Everyday, every moment, smiling and crying.

Those walks we walked, those pranks we played

Those endless conversations, that began with us

Went around the world and ended with us.


Come to think about it, at times maybe I made you cry

Or maybe even set your feelings aside

Or just plain refused to listen, stubborn

But for all these, and those little things

I promise to beg forgiveness for all my life.


I walk those roads alone, I now sleep alone

My heart heavy, my eyes full, my arms empty

I need you here, how long still, how long

Come fill my heart and my arms

Come home honey, to love me the way that I love you.

No comments: