Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Walk

The day was done, the sun is gone

As merry birds retired to rest

Last of their call floating far

Waking some from their nest

To hunt and gather and sing and store.


Many a lovers tramped this road

But I knew I loved her more than the rest

I held her close and closer still

Protecting her with the ferocity of a lover

The fear of the lost already unbearable.


I picked every sound her soft steps made

Her breath, slow and warm

She turned and smile and oh! She smiled

I knew the moment was to last forever

I knew love was doing its share.


Time was now a space, lost within itself

But my insane heart captured every move

Every word that passed those sweet lips

Every careless touch that made my skin glow

To be played again through the sleepless night.


As drooping flowers stood to watch

The last of lovers passing by

I led her to her castle far

And kissed her before the magic broke

Promising my love and my return.


The day is done, the sun finally gone

And now

The envious moon watches over us.

No comments: