Friday, May 23, 2008

A Journey of Dreams

From the hug at the airport

To the quenching of suppressed desires

From that single kiss of togetherness

To a silent contented moment of holding hands

From the valleys of Tang to the dancing lights of Thimphu

The magical carpet ride went on and on.


And into the night we held and talked

Sometimes till the last of the stars faded into the night

Holding on to each passing moment, holding on to our kisses.

Love was doing its share, and we ours

Friends forgotten, foes forgiven

The world meant nothing more than us, just us.


From the hug at the airport

To the hug at the airport, now I bid you farewell

And as we held and kissed, I already miss you

I will not cry, I promised, I won’t want you to cry

Damned Italy, have your fill of her, for when she returns

I will hold her for the rest of my life.


And so she left, along with our Holy Grail

Leaving behind a weeping heart.


Amore, I love you very very much

Goodbye.

The waiting began.

No comments: