Friday, May 23, 2008

My Happy Poem

The tears are gone

Goodbye to my crying days

The lonely days are numbered

Goodbye cruel nights.


The waiting is almost over now

I am already learning how to smile again.

And I haven’t forgotten how to laugh

Ha ha

I finally hum a happy tune.


My love, my lady, swore she is coming home, ‘soon’

What more could I ever ask for.

My apologies to God for spiting him

The miracle has been delivered.

Sleep I will, ever so sweetly tonight.


I remember playing with the dews this morning

Watched the sun creep over the hill

I could have sworn the rainbow today had ten colours

As I sat singing with the birds.

The day never looked brighter

The morning never so beautiful.


Happiness, how I missed you

Everyday that passes by, I smile

The day of my liberation is near.

My arms, ever so eager now

My eyes and my lips too.


Today, I’ll wait

For tomorrow

I know you will be home.

No comments: