Friday, May 23, 2008

Imperfection, and I

Some days I was too drunk to distinguish between what was decent and what was not

Some days I was too busy trying to make myself happy

But days apart from those

I drown myself in your thoughts

The sensuality of your kisses

Then tenderness of your touch

The way you would smile and the way you would make me smile.


Some days I am guilty of infatuations

Some days I am guilty of flirting

No honey

Not because I am falling out of love with you

It’s because I miss being loved, and I am just human

I mean no harm.

Moments apart from those

I sing praises of your beauty, your love and your eyes

I recite tales of moments we created, the laugher and the sighs, the tears and our first kiss.


I live in an imperfect world, I am not perfection, I agree

But this is assured, I love you the most.

Today, I miss you.

No comments: