Friday, May 23, 2008

My Silent Prayers

The sun is gone, the moon rules now

Thus I retire to the warmth of my blankets

Another day is done, yet again without you

Another day wasted as I see.


A new day will rise tomorrow

I pray I rise with the sun

It would be a pity if death was to win

While to the slumber of sleep I give in.


I do not want to die today

Not until I see you at least

What tomorrow may bring I know not for sure

Thus I pray, you return home soon.


Dear God, give me another day to live

My love has promised to return soon

Until that moment, give me strength

After that, may fate have his way.


Before night takes its toll

My lips mummer a final prayer


Angels East, Angels West,

Angels North and South

Bless my Love and shelter her

From evils far and near.

Give her strength, give her will

Until my arms are filled

Come that day, I’ll protect her

Until my beats are nil.

My love is pure, as you know

So why the pains of alone

Show her the light, lead her home

Then I shall ask no more.

No comments: