Friday, May 23, 2008

Evening and I, our Daily Routine

I walked out

The cool refreshing evening wind stunned me

I should take walks in the evening I thought

But for now, I watched the night.

The moon seemed unhappy being a crescent

And the light of the town outshone the stars.


I looked around

And then I started to think

Ai, some of those houses must have happy couples

Laughing and sighing, kissing and caressing

Some fighting and come reconciling

And doing everything lovers did when in love.


And then again

How many of those houses housed lonely hearts

Crying the tears I cry

Feeling the pain that I live with

Dreaming the dreams I dream everyday

Sitting through the cold night watching the stars.


Nothing seem important now

Other than to have you to hold in my arms

To wake up one more morning beside you

To listen to you laugh or even shout

To have you look in my eyes and smile

Or to take away those thousand miles that keeps me from you.


And then I do the usual, I cry.


This is not good, I tell myself

As I felt shivers run through my spine

The cool evening wind has now become cold

So I look at the stars before I leave

And I ask of them

“Watch over her

She is all that I have.”

No comments: