Friday, May 23, 2008

The Moment and its Magic

The winter wind chilled me to the bone but my heart still glowed

Warmed by love, love unconditional.


I stood, hold the phone

Our conversation had just ended reminding each other how much love we shared,

And the lonely suppressed sobs we lived through.


I stood, recollecting every word that you said

Your laughter, the smile in your voice, the cars in the background

The silent tears when you said good night.


I stood

Looking at the silhouette of a distant hill that I grew up with,

The specks of light that outlined the town

And then, every moment we spent together raced through my mind,

The roads where we held hands and walked

The shadows under which we kissed

The evenings where even the cold drizzle seem romantic.


I stood

Basking in the warmth of love, love with all its magic and glory

Love that you have bestowed upon me

Love, as in only you can love.


I stood

My heart, melting

My love, growing.

No comments: